I concede to my body. Evidently, it doesn't matter how I eat, it's not going to get better. The first couple of weeks of vegan eating had me feeling better, but then, as y'all might remember from my last post, things started to get worse again. I even tried vegetarian thinking that maybe it was just too many carbs but that didn't help either. I'm back exactly the way I was before...my normal, unfortunately.
I'm so tired of being tired and feeling bad. It gets old, y'all. I've been fighting a migraine and regular headaches almost every day since that last post, which was a couple of weeks ago. I'm thankful some of the headaches aren't all day long, but then I've had two migraines that lasted three days each, so yeah it hasn't been fun.
I'm going to just try to eat healthier carb wise and just live. Nothing I try ever works anyway. I hope to get back to exercising more when the headaches stop.
Please don't worry about me. I'm a little down right now but I'm ok. I'm not depressed or anything like that, just mainly frustrated. I hope y'all are having a good day. Take care.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Here are my pros and cons after a month:
1. I've lost 7 pounds now.
2. My hot flashes are still better over all, although this past week wasn't as good as the rest.
3. The inflammation and pain is better overall, but I still have pain from the hardening in my veins in my legs if I'm on them too much and fibro pain if I get in a flare. Still, I can tell a difference.
4. My BP is still doing better.
5. Less joint pain.
6. Less headaches over all, but the last week was rough with a migraine and couple headaches from the rain.
7. My IBS is better over all as well, but again, the last week wasn't great. Although, even though I went more, (TMI) it looks more normal than it has in twenty years...lol
8. I have a little more energy.
1. Really the only con is that I still want things I used to eat that aren't vegan.
I'm going to stick with it for now. My doctor said it'll take 3 months to get the full effect. I go for blood work May 22. If everything is ok, I'll try to make the whole 3 months and see what happens. So far, eating vegan is doing what taking Prednisone does, just not as well. When I take Prednisone, I lose weight quicker and almost all my pain goes away. I also have a lot of energy, but I'm not jittery or anything like most. I don't know if the vegan diet will produce the same effects if I stay on it or not. I guess we'll see.
Monday, April 22, 2019
I'm not eating as healthy as I could. For this month, I'm just trying to make sure I stick to vegan eating. If I keep up with it, I will start eating healthier. I am eating veggies and fruits but too many carb items as well. My main focus this month is to only eat vegan foods, whatever they are. It's the way I had to start so I would stick with it. I'm still seeing improvements.
1. I'm down 6.6 pounds now.
2. Less muscle pain and inflammation pain.
3. Less hot flashes
4. BP still a lot better
5. More energy
6. Only headaches were all leading up to and right after the migraine so all one thing probably.
7. Less joint pain. It had got to where joint pain was bad. Every time I'd get out of the car my hip joint would kill me, laying in bed they were hurting, my wrists, knees, ankles...all of it was bad. I'm having a lot less of that now, thank goodness.
1. I still miss some of the foods I'm used to eating.
2. Roy is a little bummed now that it's grilling season that he can't grill things for me that he knows I like, but we are adapting.
3. Eating out is still the hardest part but I am figuring it out. It's getting better.
The pros definitely still outweigh the cons so far.
I've even found vegan cheese I like.
There are alternatives I'm finding.
Saturday, April 20, 2019
I started getting a headache Wednesday night. It wasn't terrible, just more of a nuisance. It was still with me all day Thursday, and by Thursday night had turned into a full blown migraine. I had the pain from the headache, hearing and sight sensitivity, dizziness, and just blahs. Around 3:45 Friday morning, the nausea started. All of those symptoms plus talking funny started, and then the fibromyalgia symptoms kicked in.
I hurt all over and got the chills. My temp was only 99, but I normally run 96.7 to 97.6 so that's a little high for me. I'm not sick even though I felt terrible yesterday.
Today, I have a migraine hangover. I don't have a headache anymore, but I do still talk funny some, a little dizziness, and the nausea and chills are still here. I have those lovely deep bags under my eyes and pain in my neck and shoulders too. I don't have any energy either. So much fun...lol The day after a migraine is almost as bad as the day of one for me.
I should be better tomorrow if I follow my normal course. I sure hope so.
I really do feel for those of you who suffer migraines more often. You are strong!
Anyway, enough of that. I hope y'all who celebrate have a Happy Easter. I also want to wish others a Happy Passover.
See y'all soon.
Monday, April 8, 2019
Vegan: Week 1
I decided to give vegan eating a try for the month of April. My doctor says that eating vegan will do the same things for me that taking Prednisone does. Whenever I take Prednisone I have more energy…but I’m not hyper like some people, I sleep better…I know that’s the opposite of most who take it, I don’t hurt as much, which the doc says is because Prednisone helps inflammation, and I lose weight…which is the opposite of almost everyone who takes Prednisone. (Y’all like that run-on sentences? Lol)
The doc says that a vegan diet will reduce inflammation, which will help me feel better and lose weight. I thought about trying it a few months ago, and actually did give vegetarian a try, but had bad diverticulitis flare and had to stop. This time, I decided to go full vegan. So far, so good.
1. Lost 3.4 pounds
2. Less hot flashes, especially at night
3. My BP has got a lot better. It was getting worse…like 170/105 and around there often, but this week the highest it got was 140/85 and that was only once. The rest of the week it’s been great!
4. Less pain and more energy
5. Fewer headaches. The only ones I’ve had this week are weather related and they weren’t terrible.
1. I miss the foods I really like that aren’t vegan.
2. Eating out is harder.
As y’all can see, the pros definitely outweigh the cons at this point. If I keep feeling better and losing weight, I just might try to stick with this. I’ll just have to keep reminding myself that my health is more important than my taste buds. We’ll see what happens. I’ll be back after this week with my next update.
Sunday, November 11, 2018
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
So, I'm supposed to ask the liver do if there is any medication I can take for restless leg that isn't bad for my liver. If there is, I can try that and, hopefully, get better quality sleep and feel better. The only thing is I'll have to see if I start having worse sleep apnea symptoms if I do get more REM sleep. She doesn't think I will, but not sure.
She also did a breathing test while I was there. My asthma is worse. I thought it was from the shortness of breath and some wheezing I've had lately. I have a rescue inhaler now that I'm supposed to use before walks/hikes and when I have a problem otherwise. Gotta go back in Dec. to see how it's doing them and if I need a regular inhaler as well.
So, sleep apnea the same, asthma worse, and restless leg is not nice to me at all...lol